Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog! My hope is to pass along ideas you will enjoy using in your homes and in your lives. No, I am not Oprah, giving you life advice or Nate Berkus redoing your pantry. My point of view is more practical if not occasionally foo-foo. Decorating should be fun and you should change your decor often. My ideas and vintage finds will help you do just that. Oh, and you may get some fun personal and family stories. We are a small family but we do a lot!



Since I started my blog a couple of years ago, I find I am writing more about "ideas" for your life. Or at least, things that happen in my life! Hopefully I put a smile on your face and help you set your dinner table.




Friday, March 25, 2011

More Coffee Fun

      Here's another variation on the Coffee Tray. This one is for yummy French Press coffee, my daughter's method of choice. These little demitasse cups are part of my vast collection of white ware. You know how I love the white!
     The French Press coffee maker was invented in France in the late 19th century. Over the years it was refined and was finally patented by Felieno Bondanini, an Italitan, in 1958.
     You should use a coarse grind of coffee because finer grinds will seep through the filter. I find French Press coffee to be a bit oily. This is because these essential oils in coffee beans become trapped in paper filters. The French Press has a wire or nylon mesh filter, allowing more flavor and these oils to escape to your coffee cup.
     The press is smaller and easier to store than traditional coffee makers and you may adjust the strength of your coffee. They are great for making a small amount of really fresh coffee.
     You should not let French Press coffee stand because it will become bitter rather quickly. Actually this is a taste the French find apealing. You can make tea using loose tea with the French Press but it should be consummed quickly because of the same bitterness will likely occure.

No comments:

Post a Comment