Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog! My hope is to pass along ideas you will enjoy using in your homes and in your lives. No, I am not Oprah, giving you life advice or Nate Berkus redoing your pantry. My point of view is more practical if not occasionally foo-foo. Decorating should be fun and you should change your decor often. My ideas and vintage finds will help you do just that. Oh, and you may get some fun personal and family stories. We are a small family but we do a lot!



Since I started my blog a couple of years ago, I find I am writing more about "ideas" for your life. Or at least, things that happen in my life! Hopefully I put a smile on your face and help you set your dinner table.




Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Home Vignettes

 The Bar Tray
 I found this rolling tray and stand at my favorite junque store in Richmond and it was just what we needed in our apartment there. My goal is to find a wonderful large silver tray to hold everything. Until then I am using this footed silver tray which is lovely. It just needs to be a bit larger.

We are not really very big drinkers but I love this look. And the fun of the apartment is, I can do anything with it. There are rules to follow in decorating your home  but this little place is a bonus residence and what fun it is!

OK, The Bar Tray is a  cute and handy way to keep your party supplies out and and ad some simple sophistication to a room. I have stocked ours with a carafe of wine, some good Tennessee whiskey, vodka for an occasional Cosmo and Sapphire gin because it is pretty. There is also some good Virginia bottled water just in case someone really wants a drink!

There is a small size cocktail shaker for that occasional Cosmo. The drink stirrers, aka swizzle sticks, I brought from home and are part of my collection. These are mostly roosters to go with the French Country motif I have loosely used in the kitchen.

I could not find a pretty small ice bucket. Bar ware is pretty popular now but all I found was an ice bucket trimmed in leather. For now, this is a candle holder. I stuck some  1930 vintage tongs in it and I'm calling it an ice bucket. The pretty little cordial glasses I found at an estate sale. They don't serve much purpose for serious drinking but they look pretty. Monogrammed cocktail napkins complete the tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment