Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog! My hope is to pass along ideas you will enjoy using in your homes and in your lives. No, I am not Oprah, giving you life advice or Nate Berkus redoing your pantry. My point of view is more practical if not occasionally foo-foo. Decorating should be fun and you should change your decor often. My ideas and vintage finds will help you do just that. Oh, and you may get some fun personal and family stories. We are a small family but we do a lot!



Since I started my blog a couple of years ago, I find I am writing more about "ideas" for your life. Or at least, things that happen in my life! Hopefully I put a smile on your face and help you set your dinner table.




Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Decorate Your Chairs

      This vintage patio chair is in a shop in Costa Mesa. It has been painted white and is embellished with greenery and green satin ribbon. This is an idea that has been used for weddings for some time now. Several years ago, I had a surprise garden birthday party for my daughter. Having access to a large collection of vintage straight chairs, I decorated the back of each chair with ribbon and flowers. Now the idea has come into our homes.
    This chair is part of a rather unimaginative dining room set we have in our apartment in Richmond. There is not a lot I can do to make these chairs interesting or even attractive. But I think these small grapevine heart shaped wreaths covered with greenery are a step in the right direction. I added a huge bow of four inch wide ribbon in my favorite decorating color, lime green. To tie the decoration into the apartment color scheme I added a small brown satin ribbon accent. The result adds a bit of spring color and coordinates with the existing look.
     Currently I am working on my shabby chic kitchen chairs on the Rancho. The problem is we have a rather large table and eight chairs. When you add something to eight chairs, you must be careful not to over-do! Maybe simple bows will be the result. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I am decorating my kitchen chairs tomorrow. Love this idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chair decoration is beautiful. Where did you get that wonderful wide ribbon? I want to do my dining room chairs right now.

    ReplyDelete