Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog! My hope is to pass along ideas you will enjoy using in your homes and in your lives. No, I am not Oprah, giving you life advice or Nate Berkus redoing your pantry. My point of view is more practical if not occasionally foo-foo. Decorating should be fun and you should change your decor often. My ideas and vintage finds will help you do just that. Oh, and you may get some fun personal and family stories. We are a small family but we do a lot!



Since I started my blog a couple of years ago, I find I am writing more about "ideas" for your life. Or at least, things that happen in my life! Hopefully I put a smile on your face and help you set your dinner table.




Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Announcing Mary Lisa Plays Store Joins One King's Lane

Many of you have heard of the wonderful One King's Lane. They describe themselves as "a private online shopping destination". And that they are! I first started shopping there a few years back when I heard about this mecca of decorating on the Martha Stewart Show. I immediately ran to my laptop and signed up. Yes, you have to become a member but that is no big deal. What is a big deal is the new Vintage & Market Finds section. Here is the online description........
A vibrant marketplace, arranged by category, featuring vintage, antique  and one-of-a-kind pieces from hand-selected sellers across the country. Hundreds of items added every day!

Recently I was approached by a representative of One King's Lane. Within a couple of days I had been invited to become a vendor in  Vintage and Market Finds. Over the years I have been asked to be in one store or another or to do some wonderful antique show or sell this or that online. For the most part, I am flattered but until now I have not been willing to spend the time to diversify. My family life has always been my priority and I have limited Mary Lisa Plays Store to a rather small market in Southern California.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am ready to accept this opportunity with great enthusiasm and excitement.  Here are a few of my finds you will have the opportunity to purchase and fancy-up your home.  Lately  my niche has been silver and crystal but I am returning to areas I have "warehoused". Look for new eras and new decorating ideas.                                                                                                        



Beautiful silver plated trey. I see pretty home made Madeline's on it!

This English teapot on the warming stand is one of the most beautiful and interesting pieces I have come upon in a long while. I found this at a sale in New York and after much negotiating (my daughter, the attorney was with me) I brought it home to California. It has an ebony handle and knob and the lid is hinged. Magnificent!



 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on One King's Lane. I love it and now that they added Vintage and Market Finds, it is my favorite online spot to shop. Can't wait to see what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just looked at all you have for sale at One King's Lane. I think I want two things. Hope they are still there in the morning. Keep the silver coming.

    ReplyDelete