Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog! My hope is to pass along ideas you will enjoy using in your homes and in your lives. No, I am not Oprah, giving you life advice or Nate Berkus redoing your pantry. My point of view is more practical if not occasionally foo-foo. Decorating should be fun and you should change your decor often. My ideas and vintage finds will help you do just that. Oh, and you may get some fun personal and family stories. We are a small family but we do a lot!



Since I started my blog a couple of years ago, I find I am writing more about "ideas" for your life. Or at least, things that happen in my life! Hopefully I put a smile on your face and help you set your dinner table.




Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Four S's: Shopping for Southern Silver on a Saturday


     What do I do for fun on a Saturday afternoon? I go out in the country and shop! Well, that's what I do in my beloved South. In the OC you will find me planning a barbecue California style or at the beach.

     This was a wonderful find. My friend, Lisa, who is the owner of my favorite store in the whole wide world, had a cache of silver plate waiting for me. Tub after tub of wonderful old estate pieces. I was in heaven!

    She set me up with a chair under a shade tree with a bottle of water and I sat there for a long while jumping from tub to tub. Making a pile of "must haves", "maybe haves", "probably not haves". and more "must haves".

     Most of these pieces dated from the mid 1800's to the end of the 19th century. There was a bit of 20th century to keep me alert. Wonderful tea pots, creamers, covered sugar bowl that were so large they look like urns, vases, trays...oh, my goodness, everything a silver addict dreams of.

     I ended up driving away with the trunk and back seat of my rented car filled to capacity. My husband had to carry it into the apartment in  small lots because the huge tub was to heavy to lift. Then Delta airlines delivered all my finds to Southern California in time for me to bring all to YOU!

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing. What is the name of the store and where is it?

    ReplyDelete