Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog! My hope is to pass along ideas you will enjoy using in your homes and in your lives. No, I am not Oprah, giving you life advice or Nate Berkus redoing your pantry. My point of view is more practical if not occasionally foo-foo. Decorating should be fun and you should change your decor often. My ideas and vintage finds will help you do just that. Oh, and you may get some fun personal and family stories. We are a small family but we do a lot!



Since I started my blog a couple of years ago, I find I am writing more about "ideas" for your life. Or at least, things that happen in my life! Hopefully I put a smile on your face and help you set your dinner table.




Monday, May 6, 2013

Hello from rainy Southern California. Does it ever rain here in May? Not very ofter. Some of my family is in the northeast today and another family member is in the South and I'm here in sunny California but we all are sharing the same drizzly weather. Here, it is a good thing because the showers will aid in putting out the wildfires that have plagued us for over a week. God sends what we need!

OK, it has been months since I have worked on my blog and I shall write it off to Grandmotherhood. If we aren't with him we are thinking about him and shopping for him and planning for the next visit. Would we feel this way if he were not the second cutest child God ever created? (Our sweet daughter IS the cutest.)  Of course, we would but he just happens to be adorable. I am already worried about future children our daughter and son-in-law create. What if they are not so perfect? Is that why my husband and I had only the one daughter.....hmmmm?

Maybe I have not had time to write but I have made time for shopping, shopping and more shopping. My warehouse runneth over. I have found several new places in the South to wander through and fill my car. And here in the OC I visited The Groves at The Great Park yesterday. This is an old favorite of mind for many years. Yesterday did not disappoint!

It was a misty day with Spring in the air and the shoppers were out in full force. A few vendors told me the crowd was not as large as usual but when I tried to find a parking space it looked quite busy to me.

What a lovely antique market The Groves is. I do not use the word "antique" lightly. This show is well planned and the promoters, Bonnie and Brady, have done an excellent job selecting sellers with great merchandise. Many of the booths are decorated in very tasteful decor. This really makes you want to walk in and see what there is to deserve this attention to detail.

I came away with a cart full and no more. My treasures will make their next appearance at the Rose Bowl Antique Flea Market this Sunday, May 12. Several finds will go to One Kings Lane, Vintage and Market Finds. If you have not visited OKL do it right now. You will find my things in stand alone speciality sales that feature Vintage items and at the Vintage and Market Finds section. The selection at OKL is amazing.

Hope to see you on Mother's Day at the Rose Bowl Antique Flea Market. My friend, Lynda and I are adding space to out booths and will now have frontage on two streets. This means more fantastic fancies for you and your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment