Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog! My hope is to pass along ideas you will enjoy using in your homes and in your lives. No, I am not Oprah, giving you life advice or Nate Berkus redoing your pantry. My point of view is more practical if not occasionally foo-foo. Decorating should be fun and you should change your decor often. My ideas and vintage finds will help you do just that. Oh, and you may get some fun personal and family stories. We are a small family but we do a lot!



Since I started my blog a couple of years ago, I find I am writing more about "ideas" for your life. Or at least, things that happen in my life! Hopefully I put a smile on your face and help you set your dinner table.




Monday, May 13, 2013

Rose Bowl for Mother's Day




     Yesterday was Mother's Day and as always happens, that is the same day as The Rose Bowl Antique Flea Market. Sometimes it turns out that it is a fun outing for mothers and daughters and it is always fun. Yesterday seemed to be more a day for dads to bring their wives and children. Just as much fun. The problem was it was an unseasonably hot day in Southern California. At the end of the day my car readout said 114 degrees. Now I do not care if it is a dry heat, heat is heat and man nor woman should have been out in it! I told my girl friend and partner we should be sitting on the veranda sipping Mint Juleps! Amen!!!

     It is a bit late to show you all what I had but there will be  more come September. Above are some photos of place settings I put together from beautiful mis-matched fine china. There is some Limoges, some English Bone China and a little Lenox thrown in. The pattens are so beautiful, why limit yourself to just one? I have my lovely Royal Doulton English Renaissance that I selected when I married. I love using it and I might add not a piece has been broken in all these years. But if I were selecting today, I might go for a more eclectic tabletop.

     As usual I had many wonderful pieces of vintage silver and many of you purchased pieces to add to  your collections. Thank you to every one who braved the heat and stopped by to say "Hi". The enlarged booth space turned out to be a pleasant addition. Having more display area is always fun. I think next time I will try adding some shade to the new booth area as much for ambiance as comfort.

    One quick note, I will be taking the summer off from The Rose Bowl Antique Flea Market. The summer heat seems to have increased  (Do you believe in global warming?) and I shall be on that above mentioned veranda sipping something! I will be back in September with all the "fancies" I can find to make you happy.

     As always Mary Lisa Plays Store is available twenty four hours a day, everyday at One Kings Lane. Every week I am adding new finds. There you will find the cream of Mary Lisa's crop. Many sales are going to New York so all you Southerns out there must start shopping!

     Have a wonderful summer and let me know if there is anything I can be on the lookout for.

No comments:

Post a Comment