Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog! My hope is to pass along ideas you will enjoy using in your homes and in your lives. No, I am not Oprah, giving you life advice or Nate Berkus redoing your pantry. My point of view is more practical if not occasionally foo-foo. Decorating should be fun and you should change your decor often. My ideas and vintage finds will help you do just that. Oh, and you may get some fun personal and family stories. We are a small family but we do a lot!



Since I started my blog a couple of years ago, I find I am writing more about "ideas" for your life. Or at least, things that happen in my life! Hopefully I put a smile on your face and help you set your dinner table.




Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I'm back.....again!

Wow, I just noticed my last entry was in May of last year. It has been a while. Here it is Spring in Southern California and it is time to get back to blogging.

After several years of being "bi-coastal", I am back in my beloved and chosen home of Southern California. There are still East Coast trips to find fancies for your home and there are still those quick runs to New York for some fast shopping. But for the most part, I am home and I am loving it.

This past weekend was the end of a seventeen year run for The Groves Antique Market in Irvine. It was always my favorite venue to sell and shop. I loved it even more that the famous Rose Bowl Antique and Flea Market. There were no commercial vendors at Irvine. There were no awnings to put over your RV, there were no pots and pans, there were no pet supplies and there were no packages of 50 pairs of socks.  Beautiful antiques and vintage goodies awaited shoppers every month. The Groves will be missed by many.

Since I had left the Long Beach Antique Market years ago and most recently decided to leave the Rose Bowl Antique Market, The Groves was the only big show for Mary Lisa Plays Store. You know, I am fine with my decisions. I love searching and selling antiques and that I shall continue to do. It will just be at different venues and on a less restrictive schedule.

When I started this many years ago, I did boutique shows. Shows where the vendors were juried. And that is what I have decided to return to. The first of these special shows will be Behind The Picket Fence on June 28, 2014. It will be held from 9 AM to 4 PM in Costa Mesa at Piecemaker's. Yesterday I started planning my booth and today I will start shopping for wonderful pieces to share with you. Please come by and chat and shop!

And everyday you can visit Vintage and Market Finds at One Kings Lane. Not only will you find me, there are many antique vendors from across the country with great finds. You will find some amazing items at OKL. It is a Flash Sale sight so I suggest if something catches your eye, buy it immediately! It will be on sale for a short while and there are literally millions of buyers looking at the same moment. 

Come back to my blog often to see what I have found. As always there will be decorating ideas and social stories. Life is a ball and I enjoy sharing the adventures with you!




No comments:

Post a Comment