Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog! My hope is to pass along ideas you will enjoy using in your homes and in your lives. No, I am not Oprah, giving you life advice or Nate Berkus redoing your pantry. My point of view is more practical if not occasionally foo-foo. Decorating should be fun and you should change your decor often. My ideas and vintage finds will help you do just that. Oh, and you may get some fun personal and family stories. We are a small family but we do a lot!



Since I started my blog a couple of years ago, I find I am writing more about "ideas" for your life. Or at least, things that happen in my life! Hopefully I put a smile on your face and help you set your dinner table.




Thursday, June 12, 2014

Getting Ready for a New Show

    Here's our cat, Lola, helping me "play store." It's been a while since I put the EZ Up canopy in my living room. Yes, I live in Southern California where the weather is almost always beautiful but the living room is convenient and there are no lawn sprinklers to go off at 5 AM. Sometimes I have to really look at my inventory and decide what "fits" a particular event.
 
     On June 28 I will be at Behind The Picket Fence in Costa Mesa. This will be my first time with this group so I want an especially pretty booth. Doing an actual practice run seems to work well for me. My family loves the idea of a "store" in the living room! The only catch is planning for this time when we will not be having guests.





     These wonderful chalkboard pennants fit most any occasion. They have a nice white border which frames your message. I like to use colored chalk and add a little flower here and there. The pennants have a hook on either side that makes hanging easy. I found these at a store in Mechanicsville,Virginia. I bought all they had and wish for more.















     If you come to Behind The Picket Fence here's where  you will find me. There are lots of silver items as usual and some fun decorating accessories for your home.

     The picket fence desk is one my husband built for me years ago. It is very functional and cute. It is also very heavy. I have not used it for years because of the type of shows I have been doing. Now it reappears. Don't  you think it is perfect for this venue?

     Stay tuned for more of what I will have to offer at Behind The Picket Fence on June 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment