Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog! My hope is to pass along ideas you will enjoy using in your homes and in your lives. No, I am not Oprah, giving you life advice or Nate Berkus redoing your pantry. My point of view is more practical if not occasionally foo-foo. Decorating should be fun and you should change your decor often. My ideas and vintage finds will help you do just that. Oh, and you may get some fun personal and family stories. We are a small family but we do a lot!



Since I started my blog a couple of years ago, I find I am writing more about "ideas" for your life. Or at least, things that happen in my life! Hopefully I put a smile on your face and help you set your dinner table.




Friday, October 15, 2010

Buying Trip to Vegas!


     Believe it or not, I do find prime vintage in Vegas. My husband and I are not big gamblers but we have found ourselves going there quite often the past couple of years. Life in So Cal is great but between work and family, life gets overwhelming sometimes. And Vegas provides a welcoming escape.
     Recently my daughter spent a few days there and I decided to hop on JetBlue and join her. Can you believe one day it was 116 degrees? Thank goodness for those wonderful huge Vegas pools and 32 ounce Margaritas.
     We ate at new places, try Hash House in the Imperial Palace. I had never been in that hotel but it is worth the experience to get to this eatery. My daughter had the fried chicken and I had corned beef hash both of which were smothered in a Chipotle Cream. Oh, I've had good gravy but this beats any the South has ever produced.
    You can see from the pic that our visit came to the attention of a certain celebrity and he had to ask us about our trip. We giggled and blushed and gave autographs. About the buying trip, ummmmm..........

No comments:

Post a Comment