Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog! My hope is to pass along ideas you will enjoy using in your homes and in your lives. No, I am not Oprah, giving you life advice or Nate Berkus redoing your pantry. My point of view is more practical if not occasionally foo-foo. Decorating should be fun and you should change your decor often. My ideas and vintage finds will help you do just that. Oh, and you may get some fun personal and family stories. We are a small family but we do a lot!



Since I started my blog a couple of years ago, I find I am writing more about "ideas" for your life. Or at least, things that happen in my life! Hopefully I put a smile on your face and help you set your dinner table.




Thursday, March 8, 2012

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

     Planning a small wedding is about the same as planning a huge wedding I have discovered. The difference is in the quantity not the quality. There were the same requirements, events and arrangements to be made.
     There was the bridal gown and clothes for everyone, there were flowers, there was the ceremony and all that is included, there was the luncheon and reception, there was transportation and entertainment, there were announcements. All of the elements were the same. Rather than ordering several hundred of everything, we ordered by the tens. We were able to have hand written place cards and announcements addressed in Calligraphy. We got the perfect roses that were hand selected tied with custom satin ribbons. The vows were heard by every guest without the use of microphones. We were able to talk and spend time with everyone in attendance.
     The merits of a big wedding with friends and family are still close to my heart but I have a new appreciation and love for the small wedding.



     The place cards were chosen by the bride. They were white double mounted card stock with a silver border and a tiny white satin ribbon bow. They were lettered by hand with the first name of each guest. This was another advantage of having a small wedding, first names only. Each place card stood in a tiny white topiary.
     The champagne flutes for the bridal couple were decorated with crystals and pearls and tied with organdy ribbon and tiny blossoms.

2 comments:

  1. The bouquet is so beautiful. Where did you get such perfect roses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the bouquet you are referring to is the faux bouquet. I made it from silk flowers as a sample for the real thing. The flowers for the wedding came from a florist on Lexington Avenue.

    ReplyDelete